SECONDARY EDUCATION (12 to 16 years)
Our purpose in this stage is to make the boys and girls be competent, that is, to acquire the necessary tools to understand the world and to be able to intervene actively and critically in our society.
We believe in a participatory and creative methodology in which each student is the real main figure of the learning process.
Promote the acquisition of work habits and study skills to get constancy , effort and discipline.
The strategies we use to accompany our students in this school third stage are:
• Trilingual education : each subject is assigned a vehicular language ( English, Catalan or Spanish ) . In addition , students can study a second foreign language ( French or German) .
• Work skills, competences and Multiple Intelligences
• Multidisciplinary projects linked to social reality.
Entrepreneurship projects entirely in English
• Direct experimentation in small groups: Laboratory Practices in English
• Cooperative work in pairs , in teams or individually.
Service-Learning Project with the collaboration of neighborhood organizations
• Tuition continuous and individualized to students & families: The role of the tutor at this stage is crucial to give the students adequate guidance to develop each student’s full potential and guide them to further studies.
• Use of ICT : own Intranet and classrooms equipped with Smartboards .
• Organization of excursions , ”convivències” and “treball de síntesi” with a teaching program.
• Participation in various international programs that allow our students to enjoy experiences that enhance cultural exchange, work assignments transversely and implement the English, French and German languages .
eTwinning Projects in English and recognized by the European Union